The Museum was founded in 1866 changing its name after it vacated to the Jefferson Memorial Building located in the forest park. Due to the society need to start the emersion center, St Louis History Museum was renovated leading to expansion. It sits on a ground of 92000 square foot leaving a space of 24000 foots square to be used on trade fairs.
The community that owns the structure collects all the historical books about the beginning of the city hence they are entitled to the willing to provide public with every long ago detail. They also keep the region past events in details. The first building where it started was called the Missouri Historical Community but they late migrated to a new structure called the Jefferson Memorial Building.
This building is located at the main entrance of Louisiana Purchase Exposition which most people refer to it as the World Fair 1904. This structure was built with an aim to retain Thomas Jefferson memory become it is one of histories itself.
The historical things in this site are classified in to two and they serve different purpose as some are put on for public viewing while others are for enlightenment. They are set to serve the public and they have set their working time from10AM which ends at 6PM. Due to the concern of the people who leave their work late, they extended their Tuesday working hours to 8PM.
The society has set aside a research library to help student together with the members of public look for whatever they want to know about how St Louis region and the structure started. In order for the building to reflect memorable events happened many years ago on itself, it was set on a place that held a lot at past since it was known as the United Hebrew Synagogue but the name was later changed to South Skinker. After the reformation in 1991, the community opened a room for research and a public library.
Most of the historical moments they have in their research library are historical collection and structure state, west America and Missouri. The research corner is always opened on Tuesdays from 10AM to 5PM and offers a free admission to the public.
These collections by the society were made to keep the things happened in the past known to generations. The library is only opened on Tuesdays to allow people to research ion whatever they want and operates from morning 10AM to 5PM.
It also has a scientific theatre where public members who likes science can visit and watch an IMAX. IMAX video is one of the world best shot video done with IMAX Camera which happens to be the most powerful camera all over the world.
The other thing you can find in this building is the Jewel Box which was built in 1936 and it is listed in the National Historic Register. It was given to the park by the department of interior of the US and the National park since it had greater meaning and impact on the archives. The place where they keep this kind of monuments is given the name Art Deco since it is a different building but a different branch.
If you are looking for information about a St Louis history museum, pay a visit to our web pages online here today. More details can be seen at http://amoureuxhouse.org now.